Viva La Vida by Coldplay

21:05:00 0 Comments



This is the seventh track on the album "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends" by Coldplay. The music video of this song was uploaded on Youtube on August 4, 2008 (you can check this out on the below). Overall the song is about someone who had a very large ambitions. From the music video we can see how Chris Martin seemed to play his hand to organize something that could help his ambition achieved. Chris Martin also was very excited to play a role in this video clip. Background in this video clip also looks so dynamic and has a lot of meaning, the meaning of struggle. Clouds that rolled radiates the spirit of unyielding. Video clip of this song is very inspires the spirit to the viewer.

From the lyrics, we can see how the obsession was so great being fought. Many big things will confront us, but if the fight continues to do then every obstacles can be faced.
In this song we see how the struggle is being fought is like throwing dice in a game that make opponents fear in waiting for the numbers that appear on the throw of the dice. Furthermore, in the song lyrics we see how the song sung when the old king died. We can see how the waiting of a revolution started at that time. And the lyrics "One minute I held the key, Next the walls were closed on me, And I discovered that my castles stand, Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand" we can understand that the struggle of the main character in this song remains blocked.

Then on third verse we see how Jerusalem bells a-ringing and Roman cavalry choirs are singing that became mirror, sword and shield of the main character during a missionary in a foreign land as a his effort to ruled the world. Later in the fourth verse we see how the struggle of the main character still gets obstacles. Many people underestimate the struggle of the main character. They seemed not to care about the revolution that is being sought by the main character.

Just like in a real life, many unexpected problems that can happen anytime, we should always be ready to deal with it. These days it's hard to fight a revolution. Revolution needed to get a 'new world' is different from the 'old world' which had many interests. Of course, this becomes a reflection for all of us, especially for the younger generation to fight for a revolution to prevent a state of increasingly dynamic world. A revolution to change the existing system definitely has a lot of obstacles, especially when we associate with the world of politics. Many political interests curb the boundaries of this world. All want to win themselves. So hard to fight this revolution, may also be so sick. But the unyielding effort will inevitably result 'a sweet fruit'. Believe and continue to fight hence revolution to get a better world would succeed.

In music, I really like this song. In addition to good lyrics, this song has a good music instrument, the fast tempo can the make us eager to listen. Music in this song can bring up the 'fire spirit "to those who hear. For those people who are struggling a hearing this song is very good. Because as I said earlier, this song could pose new spirit many times. When a moment of studying, it also very suitable to listen to this song, we become more motivated to learn more courage. Before too much of my review of this song, it is better just read the lyrics and see the video clip below, check it out guys ;)


The Lyrics of Viva La Vida by Coldplay

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listened as the crowd would sing
Now the old king is dead long live the king
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you'd gone there was never
Never an honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

It was a wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever want to be king?

I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world

Oh oh oh oh ohh oh [x5]

Hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing
Roman cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
I know St Peter won't call my name
Never an honest word
But that was when I ruled the world


The Music Video of Viva La Vida by Coldplay

You Might Also Like

0 komentar: